Saturday, February 19, 2011

$800 bandage

I am here.

Few days I missed daily writings, and I already can feel how it affects, meaning, continue writing is so much assisting, and that is noticeable with the few days of slacking. Writing is a form of a self letting out; bring all the shit out here for self to see and others as self to see.  There is indeed a release in such writings. In fact writing helps even in effective speaking. I notice how I speak is more effective with ongoing writing. Of course, have to be watchful this is not a mind writing its shitty music, like an old country song.

Few things to write about. Yesterday I had to goto the emergency room for minor wound I encountered on my clean shaven head. clearly I was thinking way too much and walking towards this door, fuck, I didn't really notice how I positioned myself, next thing I know, I bang my head so hard, it was bleeding and what not. So the security persons at work suggested that I goto the hospital ASAP. So I went to the emergency room.

I didn't have that magic health coverage card, which is supplied by the government, though I am eligible but due to me not taking care of things properly, I didn't bother to apply and have the card handy. So upon my arrival, I learn the bad news about not having that magic health insurance card.

Just to enter my name into their 'system' it would cost 600$ on the spot, no questions asked. Of course the final bill is subject to all other services that will be rendered to me. Thank god, the doctor upon hearing my sad story went to the cheapest fix, which is a bandage on the head with some pre cleaning by the nurse. Estimated cost, 800$.

There you go, 800$ for a bandage on the head. Of course they have their reasons to bill such. Had I taken my magic card it would have been all free, so I can't really blame them either.

Still, something is certainly wrong with the healthcare system, I mean not everyone has gotten a healthcare insurance card. Not everyone here is eligible; you got to be either a citizen or a permanent residence and must have a valid card in hand. I am citizen without a valid card in hand; hence, I must pay out of pocket. They gave me 5 days to deal with the government to deal with the situation; possibly I may get a refund. Still, fuck this system.i told the doctor about equal life party and equal health care system, he was bit amused by it, saying 'got idea, but I don't think it will work'. That’s another story.

So clearly I am one vote for an equal health care system. Current health care is a total fucking business making profit, and that is all they care about. It’s insane to make profit out of human body. Health care system is bit like prostitution right now, making money out of the physical body. Money is the root cause here. Show me the money, I give you the medicine, is the current law, isn't that prostitution or what.

 I will be a damn fucking fool not to question the current health care system and accept it as is. But being human robot I am, I might it give into the system. That is why no change has come so far. So I am very glad the equal health care system is gaining momentum, I stand with it unconditionally.

You must be insane to find fault in equal health care system that will care for every human.  Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment